Share | 

Class Development

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Class Development   Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:23 pm

I am developing a new class of magic, for now lets just say that water spells dont include freezing water but can include water that is already frozen.
Back to top Go down
http://thekeylings.forumotions.net
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: Class Development   Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:48 pm

i dont see why. If fire spells can heat up fire and make it hotter, and earth spells can pack the earth making it harder and wind spells can speed up wind and slow it down and condense it to one area so it can cut then why cant water spells freeze?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:21 pm

Ahh... Well Im glad asked, and to answer I will start by asking a question. Do air spells include the tepurature of the air, and do earth spells include the Tempurature of the earth? No, they don't, they could but it just doesnt fit. This was the start of my thought process on this new class. I was trying to work spells that changed the temp of the air by moving the air, and this would work to some degree by way of friction but only so much. So, I continued to realize that Fire was the one element out of the four that was out of place. To emphasize this we can look at other stories. Fire is always very powerful, more so than the others, this factor was especialy brought out in Avatar. I believe that Fire wasn't wrongly placed in the element wheel, but it does belong to another list. An older and more powerful list. Temurature. Fire is a phisical manifestation based on one side of the tempurature scale, Heat. So my main question was, where Is the physical manifestation of the other side, Cold. There isn't one. Even so I continued to think. We know that fire is produced when things that are exposed to oxygen rapidly heat up so I began to base a class on rapidly cooling things down. What we get is The Cold Class. This is the class that will be able to make ice but they cant control it just as a fire class can't control steam. Im still working out the kinks though, so if you have any qestions feel free to post.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: Class Development   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:01 am

The reason that cold isn't considered that important is because theoretically, cold does not exist. The term cold simply refers to the absence or lack of heat, which means the natural state of the universe is heat. Heat is a form of energy, and energy and matter are directly correllated. Matter = the substances and particles that make up the universe. So, this is like saying the natural state of the universe is the universe. Get it?

However, I can definitely understand making it a class on a theoretical basis, because we have done the same thing with darkness.
Light is another form of energy. Darkness does not technically exist; the term simply means the absense or lack of light. It is the same situation as above, yet Dark is still a class.

I'm not sure how practical and useful a Cold class would be, but I'm sure you can come up with something.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:57 pm

You are right in saying cold doesn't exactly exist, we do define cold as a lack of heat. That is the wierd thing about making this class, I can't base it off of a phisical thing, because its just a lack of a thing. To say that heat is the natural state of the universe is not wholey true. The universe is comprised by empty space and matter as you said, but it is only the matter that gets hot. By saying the universe is heat you are excluding empty space. Nothing can be a somthing, that is my theory here. I am trying to form this "lack of" into a thing that has extentions of its characteristics. I want to make a class that is not hot of corse, but I want to extend that into a class that makes other things not hot as well.
Back to top Go down
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: Class Development   Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:29 pm

it would be more of a heat absorption class. For shadow or dark magic what it does theoretically, well i think so, is it creates an area where light cannot enter so will cold work the same way but if it does thats instant freeze. So we need to think of something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Development   

Back to top Go down

Class Development
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1