Share | 

On Classes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: On Classes   Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Guys, I'm having issues with how we're portraying 'classes' or groups of different types of magic. For example, right now we have a Holy section of magic. Holy actually contains Light, Angel, and even the Druid class. I just want to make sure we dont forget about actuall classes just because we have these 12 subsections of magic symbolism and relation. What do you guys think about this?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 am

Mark. Of course we have realized this, and Alex and I have gone over this issue several times before. The truth is we have to draw the line somewhere, and Im not saying we have a good line now, but at some point all this stuff runs together. You broke down Holy, about how its has light and even druidic magic infastructured into it. Holy isn't the only on though, how bout fire. It produces light. Also a lot of demonic thigs revolve around burning or poisoning things. The point is the classes of magic run into eachother with similar traits. There is no scientific catagorization for the classes of magic, because magic is the very thing that defies science. It is definate that we will come to these gray areas, and the goal is to thin them out as much as possible by any means possible, (If you want more on these means I'll post another time.) but at the very core it's just bound not to make sense.
Back to top Go down
http://thekeylings.forumotions.net
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: On Classes   Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:40 am

Exactly for example. Even if we set up the ideaology that fire magic produces light, what about black fire later on which will just look like a shadow. Thats merging with a different class right there. Magic is a tricky thing to space out and if you do then its way too limited and therefore will not be realistic (if magic were real) or fun.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: On Classes   Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:39 am

How are we going to confine a players ability to use magic from different classes though? If I'm a holy person, i can learn to talk with animals and focus light to start a fire(like with a magnifying glass). Sometimes stuff just seems too different. So, do we have smaller classes than the 12 listed or not?
Back to top Go down
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: On Classes   Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:33 pm

the 12 are generalizations but someone can choose to focus on one school of magic like lets say just conjuration in the entire mechane magic.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: On Classes   Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:18 pm

I'm thinking that Druid doesn't have much to do with Holy. I was making some novice spells, and the way I see it is that our old class system still exists, but has nothing to do with the 12 generalizations we have now. For example, I think there should be a Druid spell that allows you to 'whisper' a message through the spirits of the grass, or through the lifeforms of the grass. This seems like it would fall under Spirit to me. But then there is summoning of druidic familiars, like pets and such. This seems like it falls under Mechane. And then speaking to animals is like creating a link between the mind. (Similar to Saphira and Eragon) This seems to fall under Mind.

So I guess I should stop thinking about Druid when I make spells, and instead just make general Spirit or Mind or Mechane spells. Druid will come later, when we can actually choose to take the path of combining with our wands. Does this sound right to you guys?
Back to top Go down
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: On Classes   Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:07 am

Hell we could always create classes for our "fun" rp based off of all of the types of magic but we will need to figure out the mechane magic with the conjuring and such to limit it a bit or they unlock a new ability every level but the abilities dont grow in power really idk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Classes   

Back to top Go down

On Classes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1