Share | 

What is beauty?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: What is beauty?   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:11 am

Why do we humans react the way we do to music, art, and all sorts of creation, both natural and man-made? It seems to me like there is something big inside of us that we don't fully understand, and may never be able to explain, that relates us the art and beauty, and allows us to be inspired.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty?   Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 am

"As the flower and its fragrance are one, so must you and your Father become." -mewithoutYou

I'm beginning to think there is no other point to life. And I don't just mean in some vague sense that beauty is God, so therefore beauty is the point. I think that's missing the point actually. Beauty is a tale to be told, not necessarily an answer to be given. This is my ideal, I guess. To make my life a work of art, holy and pleasing to God, my spiritual act of worship. Just imagine! Every breath a brushstroke, every step taken a part of some larger dance, the whole world moving to the unheard rhythm! It is true, God is that rhythm I know is there, but barely cannot hear. The song hovering faintly in the wind, or whispering softly through the leaves, or even in the silence of snowfall.

How can we live in this world and NOT be inspired? I don't have enough moments in a day to do justice to all of this beauty, why am I wasting my time playing a videogame, where my mind is obviously not on God? Self-service is very ugly, it seems to me. Who am I to live for myself?? Ha! Such a ridiculous idea! To spend my inconsequential life illustrating that very same meaninglessness? It makes no sense (nothing we do ever does).

The only thing logical about any of this, is to join in the song, sing for the sake of singing. Sing for the beauty, write for the beauty, dance for the beauty, paint for the beauty! But why stop there? Live for it! Make your life your personal art medium, and sculpt a Godly, beautiful life! Join into the song with action and love, and in doing so sing your name into the Everlasting Song. That is eternal life, that is oneness with God.
Back to top Go down

What is beauty?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1