Share | 

Who am I??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Who am I??   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:14 am

This is THE big question. It asks essentially 'why do I exist?' or 'what is my purpose?' It also raises questions of how identity is defined. Are our personalities and behaviors predetermined, or do we have a choice in the matter?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 am

An interesting question. I weill start by bringing up the Soul, because if we are anyone the soul it surely our deepest root.

A while back when I was trying to creat a spirit class for the RP I began to reflect on what the soul was. Where is it? How do we know its there? Can I feel it? If so what does it feel like? I myself see my soul as something I can only vagely grasp like a shadow or something. I still am not sure souls even exist. I was able to necognise something within me that didn't feel right. It hurt. Sometimes the hurt seems to clear away and the area within me that I refer to as my soul (not nessesaraly in my body) was left feeling uh.. clean, fresh, great (idk take your pick). In the end I came to nothing conclusive but perhaps It would be interesting to discuss the soul with you guys.

What do you think the soul (or personal spirit) is?
Where do you believe it to be?
Can you feel it?
Does it seem real to you as though it were part of you like your arm or leg or brain?
Back to top Go down
http://thekeylings.forumotions.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Mark, this weekend I was bored and so I began to look through your blog for some paths to deep thoughts. The following post stood out to me.

"I just do what I do, and there's no philosophy or pattern in it at all."

I like this because I feel similarly. It seems to me that often I am faced with people telling me, "look here, this is how your supposed to be," as if they new and I clearly had no idea. Much of the time it feels like everyone else has been given a guide to life with all of its do's and don'ts, but somehow I was left out. Sometimes I will sit and think to myself, "Why did I just do that," or, "what am I saying?" I start to feel like Im just blindy trodding through life. I have no plan or goal or notion of who I am supposed to be at all. All these thoghts brought me to believe that I have no general philosophy for my life. And senselessness seems to be the only quality that resides in any sort of pattern to my life.

Why is this? How can I have managed to live so long and at the same time remain so undefined?

It ispossible that the problem is that I spend so much of my time acting and speaking before I think. But, then again, I hear alot of, "Your just thinking too much about it," as hough my problem where that I think too much and not too little. So why do I feel like I hve no guiding identity.

I have come to the conclusion that I have not considered what virtues and instincts combine within me to make me, me. It is also possible that things would become more defined if I consider the full meaning of virtues such as love, hate, and forgiveness. But after all this thought I can't help but think I am looking for something that isn't exactly supposed to be there in the first place.

I wonder what your thought are. What thoughts, in the recent days you have been considering this problem, have you come to?
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: Who am I??   Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:16 am

Well, I wonder how we define the self. Are we simply a result of our actions, or is there something more to us? The other things you could consider are your genes, and gifts that God has given to you, independent of each of these factors. Yet the process is so confusing, and decisions we made when we were just born could have affected us our whole lives. I'm sure we begin to develop habits even when we are little, so it could almost be completely random how we turn out, based on some small insignificant factors.

But one thing I've been thinking about is, does this question even matter? Because if I knew who I was, it would change who I was, because then I would be trying to fulfill that character, and I would be constantly checking my actions to see if what I'm doing 'fits' me.

In a way, it's a blessing to not know who we are, because then we are free to base our actions on the things that matter, such as God's guidance.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:47 am

Hmm, Well I kind of disagree, or maybe we misunderstand eachother. I was talking about a wish to better clarify (to myself) what my fundumental life virtues are. Like rules I live by. This could include Gods guidence.

This reminds me of Naruto. In the show, Naruto has a phrase he always says. "It's my way of the ninja!" The confusing thing is though that this "way of the ninja" applied to so many things. He seemed to be so selfdefined which is the thing I saw that was missing with me. The Hindus believe in a Higher god that is above their other Gods, but they also refer to this God as a Law. As Christians we believe that God is an actual being but I do not think it is wrong to also view him as a Law. You could say that, "my way of the ninja," is decidedly Christianity and that God (or Gods word) is my law. The thing that makes me stop and question though is the fact that, unlike Naruto, it seems so hard for me to stick to the law to which I claim my allegience.

I understand that in Narutos case he is made up and therefore has liberty to be perfect. I also understand and accept that I am not perfect. BUt still I long to have such rock solid virtues. I just seem so weak. It doesn't take more than a little breath to send me toppling to the ground.

How can I be stronger?
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: Who am I??   Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:00 pm

What's stopping you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who am I??   

Back to top Go down