The four Body Magicks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: The four Body Magicks   Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 pm

Air
(repetition, in a current, always moving)
Fire
(Haste, Destroy everything in path)
Water
(resilience, will always find a way to escape even if it takes years, freedom)
Earth
(fortitude, strong sturdy)

(Just an Idea. Keep it in mind and see if you want to change anything in the properties and meaning of these 4 elements. Also please post meanings for the other magicks.)
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: my thoughts   Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:20 am

I agree with you for earth and fire, but I think air and wind should be switched. Wind is like 'You can't control me!' and then it would just fly away or slip through your fingers. Wind seems more about freedom to me. With water, I think of it as repetitive because of the cycle, (rain, stream, river, ocean,evaporation, and on and on) and i have an image of like a water wheel. Water seems very patient to me, which goes along with the idea that no matter how long it takes, it will get the job done.
Back to top Go down
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: The four Body Magicks   Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:21 pm

But i was thinking about it for air and its easier contained then a liquid is. water always finds a way to break down their prision even if the prision is stone or metal they rust it or they erode it and it always manages to get free.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Air and Water   Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Yes, but I think even if you capture air, it is not really captured, because you can't use it or bend it to your will. Air is everywhere, and i can lay a box on the ground and say 'I've captured air!' but that doesn't mean anything, because air is free, and it is extremely hard to abuse it or manipulate it. That is why i consider it the element that represents freedom.

Water can be contained, and like you said, it will always leak through eventually. This could represent freedom, but it is still possible to physically use water for your own purposes, at least much easier than air. So in this way of thinking, it is easier to manipulate or even 'enslave' water. The fact that water will eventually seep or corrode or erode through anything, means to me that water is extremely patient. No matter how long it takes, water will always be focused and single minded in its purpose.
Back to top Go down
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: The four Body Magicks   Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 am

I do admit that air does represent freedom more because it doesnt really know containment but the 2 definitions shouldnt be flip flopped.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Well I think that Air and water are really similar in their characteristics. So its not that you need to flip them but sorta acknowlege that they both represent freedom. Allthough I would go further to also come up with some more characteristics that set them apart.

-Water and air have always sybolized freedom to humans as well as a sence of wounder and mystery. They both move in a powerful flowing way, and each can reach states that are just overwhelming. To set them apart I would say that Air is the quicker of the two. Even though water can also move pretty fast Im talking about thier flowing patters, and generaly wind is constantly faster than a streaming brook. Now both water and air have the power of erotion, and they can both get out of a trap through the smallest whole, but as Alex stated, water seems to be the better for the two jobs. Water's rate of erotion is much faster than winds, and when water is trapped in stone or w/e it has nack for making openings instead of just finding them.

-When it comes to combat think of Air and water this way: There are two warriors planning to attack similar towns ON THIER OWN! One is a ninja, tho other is a mafia don.
--The ninja Will attack the town come nightfall, when no onewill be able to see him. He will attack fast and strike swiftly. Before they know it the guards are dead, soon after the last resident takes its last breath of sleep as the ninja finishes his job.
--The mafia don chooses a different rout. He will first plan himself inside the town becoming one of its members. He will work his way up the foodchain choking the moral and economic status of the town the whol way. When the town is completely at his feet his job is done, and whats left of the town is a weak sickly remnant of what it used to be.
-Air is the ninja, swift and unseen, cutting down the enemies in its path, a knife in the dark.
-Water is the mafia don, slowly sufficating, struglling against it only makes things worse for you, soon you will be resigned to its power, destroyed from within.
-Both are powerful and overwhelming when it comes to combat.
Back to top Go down
http://thekeylings.forumotions.net
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: The four Body Magicks   Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:23 pm

Well lets set them and also lets think about the meaning for the other 8 varieties of magic
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:25 pm

what are the other 8?
Back to top Go down
http://thekeylings.forumotions.net
Ren.Callidus
Creator
Creator

PostSubject: Re: The four Body Magicks   Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:29 pm